IBUK libra is a Polish e-book service belonging to the Scientific Publishers PWN. The database contains several thousand publications: textbooks, specialist, scientific, popular science and fiction publications published by the most important, reputable Polish publishing houses.
The subscription provides online access to selected publications in the following fields: economic sciences, mathematics and natural sciences, social sciences, medicine, information technology.
IBUK Libra website provides:
- 24/7 access to the virtual reading room from anywhere.
- Thousands of titles.
- The largest collection of specialist, scientific, popular science and fiction publications.
- Quick preview of full texts.
- Personal myIBUK account.
- Advanced tools for working with text, including: marking fragments, creating notes, tagging, direct linking the issues and content of books with dictionaries and PWN encyclopedias.
- Additional tools supporting the development of competences, including:
- Language Assistant at PWN, SuperMemo language courses.
- Flexible selection of resources and easy launch of the platform.
- The ability to read on mobile devices.
The resources can be accessed via a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. IBUK Libra technology does not require the installation of special software and is completely safe for the user’s device. Catalogs are available in every web browser.
A full-text database of foreign books including over 6,500 textbooks, books, conference materials and unique databases of material properties (e.g. chemicals, plastics, metal alloys, composites, optical glasses, materials used in electronics). The collection includes publications in the life sciences, chemistry, engineering and materials sciences from around 130 leading scientific associations and publishers. Additionally, the database is enriched with interactive search and analytical tools (including spreadsheets enabling calculations in the fields of: chemistry, electronics, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, metals, oil and gas engineering).
The university has access to the following thematic modules:
- Biochemistry, Biology & Biotechnology.
- Chemistry & Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering & Construction Materials.
- Environment & Environmental Engineering.
- Food Science.
- General Engineering & Project Administration.
- Safety & Industrial Hygiene.
- Sustainable Energy and Development.
Collections marked with a “padlock” are out of subscription and not available.
The multi-domain Ebook Central database enables access to full-text electronic books (mainly English-language ones) on the ProQuest platform from nearly 650 professional, scientific and academic publishers. Its resources include such areas of knowledge as: art, business and economics, education, health and medicine, history and political sciences, law, literature and linguistics, religion and philosophy, social sciences, science and technology.
The university has full access to the following thematic packages:
- Science & Technology, including:
- Computer Science/IT.
- Engineering: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mining, General Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering.
- Environmental Studies.
- Science: Anatomy/Physiology, Astronomy, Biology/Natural History, Botany, General Science, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Zoology.
- Business, including:
Creating your own account allows you to use all the database functionalities (including reading books online, downloading books and chapters, creating your own bookshelf, taking notes in books, saving articles, copying text). The database allows you to manage selected text, print up to 40% of a book and copy – 20%, use bookmarks, share selected text fragments with friends and monitor DRM (the user can see to what extent a given title can be used).
- Science & Technology, including:
Springer Publishing House's multi-domain book package with over 112,000 book titles. The topics of available resources include: medicine and public health, engineering, information technology, mathematics, business and management, physics, chemistry, biomedicine, economics, natural environment, social sciences, earth sciences, and natural sciences.
The collection includes:
- English-language books from 2017 (9,600 of Springer’s latest books).
- Archives of 26 book series covering 10,430 10,430 volumes up to 2008 as well as 16,653 English-language e-books released between 2004, 2005 and 2009-2011.
- Springer Book Archive: English and German books published up to 2004, including approx. 42,000 English books published before 2004: English books published until 1989, 1990-1999, 2000-2004 and German books published until 2004.
- all books from Springer’s international thematic collections from 2006-2008, 2012-2016 and 2018-2019.
Database of full-text electronic books. Its scope covers such areas as: technical, mathematical and natural sciences, social sciences, medicine, chemistry, physics, economics, business and management and others.
In 2015-2016, Elsevier’s national license was extended to selected book packages: 1712 monographs from 2013 and 2014 and 803 volumes of book series or handbooks from 2011-2015. These books are available on the publisher’s server, and in the future they will be archived on a server in ICM with the right of indefinite national access.
Electronic database of books on exact sciences, humanities and social sciences.
In 2016, Wiley’s license was expanded to 2,450 e-books released between 2009 and 2015.
To view books, in the Publications tab, select Books (on the right side of the screen).
Active access only to publications marked with an open padlock symbol.